Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Last week I was ill with a sinus infection. Then I had an allergic reaction to a drug, which made things 100 times worse. I don't know if any of you have ever had a moderate non-anaphylactic drug reaction, but for me it's like having the flu, bronchitis, & hives all at once. Luckily this wasn't the first time I've had an allergic reaction to a drug, so I didn't confuse the symptoms with the flu like I have in the past. Since I stopped taking it after 4 pills, the reaction only lasted a few days. A few years ago I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that lasted 2 months!!

Due to being sick I was a sofa-zombie for about 5 days. Since I usually try to steal every spare minute possible to feed my compulsion to knit, this sofa-zombie / drugged-up phase was no exception. Needless to say, I had a bit of a rough start with "Leda's Dream shawl". Now that I'm starting to feel better, I've finally gotten off to a good start. Though the pattern can't be memorized, it's very easy to follow and only uses about 5 stitches. I did have to learn how to do a provisional cast on, but that was easy once I watched the video clip on Knittinghelp.com.



I probably should start using my time wisely. I still haven't finished writing my Thank You notes for wedding gifts. I've done very little planning for a bridal shower that I'm co-hosting on Feb 2nd. Mardi Gras is just around the corner and having my costume altered is the only thing that I've done to prepare for my parade. I still don't know what I'm going to wear to the other Mardi Gras balls....Please God, let last year's dresses fit!! Laundry is piling up, groceries haven't been bought, and lately a home cooked meal is a rare phenomenon. Also, I haven't even started on Jr's baby blanket!! I think that she's due in June. I ordered 8 balls of Elann Super Cable Aran for the baby blanket. I think that I'm just going to pick a stitch pattern out of my new sampler book & keep repeating it until it's a good size. There are a few stitch patterns that seem like they would be used mostly on men's sweaters, but I'm kind of curious to see them used on a blanket. My husband & I are going to a concert this weekend, so hopefully I'll get started on the blanket during the car ride.

No comments: