Friday, January 4, 2008

2nd post this year...I'm on a roll

Wow,

This blog is starting to look nice now that it has been edited a bit. Now I only need to fix the corners of each frame. I know how to fix it, but it's alot of work; I'm feeling a bit lazy now. I'm usually lazy when it comes to anything other than knitting, so I have to plan ahead and reserve those few moments if irrational motivation for the most important task. For instance: I have reserved my next spurt of motivation for finishing up the last 20 "thank you" notes for wedding gifts, the next will be for laundry, and eventually maybe I'll get around to fixing the corners on my blog.

I just bought some new yarn for JR's baby blanket from elanne.com. I gave up on the other yarn...it's just too thin and soft, my stitches looked messy, and I'm pretty sure that I would run out about half way through the project. I think that I've finally decided on the stitch pattern I want to use, so I'll be ready to cast on as soon as the yarn arrives.

I screwed up in my stole last night. Somehow I skipped a stitch and purled the stitch next to it. I went ahead and finished the row, because I think that my best chance of fixing it will be to go back to that spot and reweave it with a crochet hook, tweezers & a magnifying glass.

On a side note: My diet has been wacky since New Years Eve. I've been eating so much beef & dairy, which I usually avoid because it makes me tummy rumbly. I just cut the cheese and now I'm praying that no one walks into my office for the next 5-10 minutes.

No comments: