Wednesday, June 13, 2007

scarf progress and a new project

I'm making progress on my 3 color seed & garter stitch scarf. I'm about a third of the way through. I'm not using a pattern, so the stripes are starting to look kind of random as you can see in the 1st photo. I love that yarn caddy in the photo. It's my second favorite knitting tool (destiny circs. being the first). As you can see, it keeps Scout from running off with a ball of yarn. It wasn't very expensive and I recommend it to anyone with cats.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Last week I bought some pretty peach-multi worsted weight yarn yarn that I plan on using for a triangle shawl. I figure that I'll be able to wear the finished product with either a black or brown dress (the only colors I wear). I'm still tossing around the idea of knitting another yarn with the peach yarn, but it needs to be a nice color combo with the peach & on sale. I also ordered 2 new pairs of circulars; 32" US 15 Colonial rosewood & 22" US 13 Mango Moon Buffalo bone needles with a leather chord. Both should arrive this week. I'm really excited to use the bone needles...I think that I'm going to like the feel of using them & the leather chord will have NO COIL!! My only concern is the longevity of the leather, it seems that it could wear thin then snap during the middle of some project...That would Suck!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Scout has become curious about "the great outdoors" and tries to run outside whenever the door opens. Luckily she still has short legs, so for now it's easy to grab her as she's running by. My fiance & I have been discussing ways to break this behavior. It looks as though arming ourselves with water pistols is going to be Plan "A". Scout has also become curious about all of my house plants as well as whatever happens to be on the kitchen table. So the houseplants have moved from their previous homes on the window ledges to top shelves & counters, and I really want one of these for my kitchen table.

No comments: